Your Healthy Smile Awaits with our Restorative Dentistry Services
Southern Pine Dental isn’t all about transforming your smile with cosmetic dentistry. When your smile is troubled with cavities, gum disease, damage, and decay, we offer restorative dental care to add function and beauty to your teeth and gums. Dr. Durwood A. Nowell has the skills, technology, and experience (since 1975) to handle complex restorative cases to deliver a healthy, beautiful smile.
Reclaim your healthy smile with our restorative dental care
When preventive dental care doesn’t work, restorative dentistry salvages the situation by using several treatments to restore your oral health. Since dental woes come in many sizes and shapes, we offer comprehensive restorative dentistry services to cater to all smile needs. Our common treatments include:
- Dental fillings: If you have cavities or damage on your tooth’s surface, we will recommend a filling to treat the decay and protect your tooth from further damage. Our composite dental fillings are tooth-colored to mimic the appearance of the surrounding teeth. When installed, no one can tell you ever had tooth decay!
- Dental crowns: If you have extensive tooth damage but a healthy structure remains, we can restore your tooth with a dental cap. Dental crowns are tooth-shaped appliances worn on your damaged or aesthetically challenged tooth to improve its strength, size, color, and shape. Since we don’t want to give away your “tooth repair” secret, we use porcelain crowns that are virtually indistinguishable from your natural teeth.
- Dental bridges: Patients missing one, two, or several teeth can benefit from our natural-looking dental bridges. A dental bridge uses artificial teeth to close the gap left by missing teeth. Dental bridges improve your chewing ability, rejuvenate your smile, and prevent the surrounding teeth from tilting into the toothless space.
- Dental implants: dental implants are an excellent solution for patients looking for a permanent solution to tooth loss. Now the “gold standard” of replacing teeth, dental implants are structurally anchored in your jawbone to reestablish your smile aesthetics and restore oral function.
- Gum therapy: We never let gum disease pitch a tent in your mouth. Although we offer preventive dental care services to ward off gum disease, we have periodontal treatments to restore your diseased gums to full health.
The team at Southern Pine Dental wants to keep your teeth and gums healthy and beautiful. If you have dental concerns in Dothan, AL, and the surrounding regions, please call (334) 686-0843 to reserve an appointment with Dr. Durwood A. Nowell.